How to be a Professional Content Writer
In this article, we are going to understand that how to become a professional content writer but at first we ought to keep an obselete focus on realising that what is content writing?
Basically content writing is an art to express one’s feeling, observation, experience in a very compiled form. There are various kinds of content on the basis of specific fields i.e Health & Education, Motivation & Inspiration and many more.Now, we look on the keys and skills that must be present in a Professional Content Writer.
1) Research Skill
Research is the mother to all keys of verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Although this skill has very premium importance in most of the fields but for content writer, you ought necessarily be in research mode all the time.
- And whenever an idea came to your mind then you should write it’s major points on your personal diary/journal (if you don’t have one, just take a piece of paper and write on it).
- Along with it, look on the internet and find more points that support your’s, with this idea you can prepare your content in minimum time.
2) Write in your own Unique and Confident Voice
Every individual has it’s own style of teaching and saying so as writing.
- Don’t try to copy someone else. Your content should have an individual style that is unique to your personality or brand.
- Once you develop your own voice, you aren’t done. (Writers never stop working on their writing skills. As a content writer, you need to continually sharpen your skills too.)
- Style is your most prized possession as a writer, and it should continue to evolve over the lifetime of your career.
3) You must have a tremendous skill of linguistic
As a Professional Content Writer, you must have a strong and solid grasp of spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage because if you don’t make sentence and spell words properly your reader will no more show interest in reading your articles.
4) Talk about only one thing
Each piece of content should have one point. Only one.The first thing you should do when you sit down to write is to figure out what your bottom-line point is.After you write, the first round of edits is to make sure your writing stays on point.Any word, sentence or paragraph that breaks this one rule must be erased no matter how much you like it.
5) Find an Intriguing angle
Your content must have a unique angle to describe your story. It’s human nature that they love changes and new face of a story. It should be different from the rest of the angles.
6) Choose an attractive title
As a Professional content writer, keep in mind that your every Article or Blog must have an attractive ‘title’ and so ‘lead/lede’. Spend as much time on Title and Lead as you do writing.
1- It will be very helpful for your readers to find it on Search Engines.
2- It will generate more traffic on your website and blog spots.
For Example: a) How b) How to c) Why
7) Don’t create a Hype, keep it believable
Most of the Readers don’t want to be surprised and wasting their time. So, it is better not to make your blog/aricle hypeful.
People feel they are being manipulating while reading such articles. Make it easy to believe or they will stop reading your articles.
Your Article must be helpful and valuable for readers. Give your People values and provide them sources of Quoted phrases and references of Report or Book, link to it. They trust you and see you as a resource.
8) Keep your writing Plain and Simple
Keep your paragraphs and sentences Short and words easy so they’ll be the most readable.Digital content is not what you learned to write in Academic classes.Shorter and simpler is the key for better readability.
9) Edit your writing as Girls put on make-up
Don’t stress yourself while editing your writing because editing beautifies your writings and great writing never happens in first draft.
Edit makes your writing more ideal and best then a first one. So edit as more as you want to make it near to perfection.
While Editing, keep these keys in mind.
- Just write your ideas on paper roughly.
- Go through the whole writing and underline those words, phrases and sentences which can be make difficulty for your readers to read.
- Then put your best into editing until it meets requirement.
10) The Close is as Important as the Lead
End the writing as making sure your readers have understood the whole story.Do not hesitate and apologize. Don’t say “That’s it” or “I guess that my speech is”.
Leave the Reader looking forward to your next story.
November 30, 2023
November 23, 2023
November 17, 2023